• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Curious Nutcase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiigaran

hello all, i am here to ask a question about whether or not it is feasible to construct such an aircraft. but first off, i would like to point out that this is not a project i intend to undertake at this time. i merely want to ask a few things. im currently working on a recumbent trike, so i have already busied myself with something else (and making an aircraft is much more expensive). so, my idea...

im sure i do not have to tell you all who jet man is. well ever since i saw him on youtube, i became interested in his form of flying. then i started thinking if i could take such a design, and take it one step further. now the flaws in rossys design are that he needs to be taken up to a release altitude, and requires a parachute to safely land. so my idea is to design something that can incorporate an undercarriage, essentially turning it into an aircraft in which the pilot flies prone, and to top it all off with completely enclosing the pilot within a blended wing design (ultimately making the aircraft large as well...possibly with a wing span of 10m - very rough estimate though), including all basic controls within relatively easy reach.

which brings me to the name of the title...yep, thats who i am!

Back