• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Costs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirk_D

Hi all, could i ask a few of you to please give me an honest opinion on costs.
1/ design a light plane, built in a small shed, sheet alloy 70%, tube steel 20% and 10% fibreglass.
2/ double curves avoided in design, and where needed, fibreglass capping.
3/ 2 seater.
4/ car based alloy engine
5/ all machining, tig welding and assembly by me.
I need to give myself a reality check on what to expect, i've started to many projects before and not followed through not because of skill or creativity, but because not thinking of it in it's entirety - costs, time frame.

Would i be better of getting an ultralight and making realistic excursions of fantasy?

Back