• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Communication problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
Recently, I have noticed recently difficulty with communicating what I want to say, and about what I want to say.

For instance, I post a clear question or at least what I think is a clear question.
for example, I might ask the question Are potatoes easier to dig on the sunny side of your house
And the first three replies are something like yes they do have red ducks and then that’s followed up by Chevys run best on a high octane gas and then that is followed up by the yellow line is always in the middle of the highway
What is up with so so many nonresponsive replies to clear questions ?
The next thing that I seem to be having trouble with is strawman battles.
For instance, following the example, if I say, I really don’t wanna talk about ducks I want to talk about potatoes.
That seems to lead to days of arguing about why I don’t like ducks and I do like ducks I support an entire flock of them . but that’s not what I wanted to talk about and I’m not an evil person because I hate ducks I just want to talk about potatoed

I have more communication issues, but I’m sure this is enough to be a for far too complicated thread
Does anybody else have these problems?

Back