• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cable routing, does adding a pulley change throw rate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingforx

In a closed loop aileron system, I see that I may need to add a pulley to allow for clearance of my flap pushrods. I have all my bellcranks in place and prefer to leave them where they are unless I really need to move them. The photo attached may give a better idea, but my main question, is there bad geometry for even, consistent throw on the aileron bellcrank/will I need to modify the shape of the aileron bellcrank so that the arm is perpendicular to the rear (bottom) cable after pulley to prevent "tight spots" where the cable tension changes. Or will it not matter since the interconnect cable will accommodate the change in cable angle. Maybe I'm overthinking this...

Attachments

• IMG_20210319_220852.jpg
    IMG_20210319_220852.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 24
Back