• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Back From Sun n Fun 2016 ! Tell your story!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Clapp

Azalea Aviation LLC at Sun n Fun 2016....

WOW! It has been a very busy and tiring week in Lakeland Fl. We had almost perfect weather other than a bit of wind a little rain one night. Kyoung (my wife and GM) and I drove the truck pulling our Airstream (1960 Caravel) to park in the campground. Larry brought his Saberwing project on a flat trailer to the booth. As soon as we unloaded we turned around and drove the five hours back to Adel GA. Monday morning Dave (our Composite Manager) drove our truck with the business trailer to Lakeland while Kyoung and I flew the Saberwing down. Its only a 1.5 hr flight. We met Dave at the booth site and spent the rest of Monday afternoon setting up. For the rest of the week we talked to hundreds of people, did three forums about our engines and aircraft, flew in three Showcase flybys and much more. Definitely got a sun tan. One of the focal parts of our time there was letting people see two Saberwing Customer Projects as well as see the airplane N120SW fly. A big smile came on everybody's face when they saw our Corvair Powered Coffee maker as well. We now have orders for those as well! Soon to be available through Aircraft Spruce.

We got to see a lot of neat planes there as well...all of the usual's plus that ducted fan jet got to do a fly by as well. Sounds funny for a jet though...like two leaf blowers going at it.....LOL. But it does fly!

Of course the night show was spectacular! Always a favorite of mine.

Met up with some of the HBA people. Great to put a face with an Avatar.

We packed up on Sunday and Dave left out with the Trailer after the show. Kyoung and I stayed until Monday morning and flew the Saberwing back to Adel, picked up the truck, drove back to Lakeland and brought the camper home.

From Sunday to following Monday --- what a whirlwind!!! But it was worth it. We met many new people and expect to increase the number of friends and sales.

We will now be in full build mode as we prepare the new manufacturing building for Saberwing Kit Production. We have sold seven to date and expect about 20 for this year. The First Five are already being built and three are on the gears with builders sitting in them. We look forward to many exciting things this year.

Our Plan is to fly the Saberwing to Oshkosh along with possibly one of the First Five Builder's plane. We probably wont have a booth but be on the flightline talking to folks.

If any of you wish to visit our facilities in Adel Ga please feel free to drop by. Exit 39 off of I75 or 15J is the airport id. for Cook County Airport. We run the FBO there.

Cheers!

Bill Clapp for Azalea Aviation

Back