Quantcast

Any Aussie here?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

autopilot

I will be joining the Moorabin Chapter when I return, I,ll let you know what I think. I understand from the few people I have spoken to that they are less political and more, help and advise. As you're a (nominal) Melbournite and probably from that side of town perhaps I'll see you there one day.

litespeed

You know her too? It's a small world.
Given our small population, an the challenging looks of us Aussie pilots........................ Its hard to find many women to put up with us ugly mugs.

Just glad some pilots get the chance to breed.

cheapracer

Log Member
Given our small population, an the challenging looks of us Aussie pilots........................ Its hard to find many women to put up with us ugly mugs.

Just glad some pilots get the chance to breed.
No problem for me, the Chinese Ladies are very short sighted.

stevetosh

Hello everyone,

Am sorry for the late reply, am very busy with work. All right let me trow the ball here then. I've read on thier website in regard to joining with a ridiculous yearly fee.

Now my question is, if you are building experimental aircraft do you really need to join the association? Do you really need the technical advisor to get your plane registered upon completion of building?

I really want to know before I join the association or use me money for XXXX Gold.

Cheers

Gareth

My own design ish slightly rv but different wing profile and built for comfort ie 1.2 at shoulders and long range fuel tanks with gull wing doors and baggage room aplenty

apmartin00

Hello everyone,

Am sorry for the late reply, am very busy with work. All right let me trow the ball here then. I've read on thier website in regard to joining with a ridiculous yearly fee.

Now my question is, if you are building experimental aircraft do you really need to join the association? Do you really need the technical advisor to get your plane registered upon completion of building?

I really want to know before I join the association or use me money for XXXX Gold.

Cheers
There is no compulsion to join SAAA, but it is recommended for homebuilders. Can be registered directly under CASA but you may find( unless you have an AP as a personal friend), and should expect it to cost way more than even 10 years of SAAA membership

Basically I reckon if you think SAAA membership is expensive, reconsider your desire to build an aircraft. The beer may be better value to you.

stevetosh

I am one of those about whom you speak and am also a long time SAAA member.

I’ll pm you my contact details. I’m happy to discuss the SAAA.

Dave
There is no compulsion to join SAAA, but it is recommended for homebuilders. Can be registered directly under CASA but you may find( unless you have an AP as a personal friend), and should expect it to cost way more than even 10 years of SAAA membership

Basically I reckon if you think SAAA membership is expensive, reconsider your desire to build an aircraft. The beer may be better value to you.
Thanks for the input anways, I'm only asking question about the benefit as member or why would I join if I wouldn't benefit from the association. So to say I need to reconsider my desire to build aircraft because of 2++ a year does not make sense to me.