• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Advice Needed - Selling "Expensive" Items To Overseas Buyers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
Hi all,

My Starduster Too project has attracted the interest of a potential buyer in Finland. I'm aware of the shipping and other scams surrounding situations like this, and I've traded emails with him with great skepticism, but it is time to consider the unlikely scenario that he's legit. While it's unlikely that he's going to wire me the money and hope that I actually ship him the project, and absolutely out of the question that I'm shipping on his promise to pay, that pretty much only leaves an escrow service, right?

I'll break it down and stuff it into a container, but I expect him to handle the bulk of the shipping details. Any overall advice for me?

Thanks

Mike

Back