• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

45hp (35hp-60hp) engine still in production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arj1

Hi,

I htink that sort of question was raised many times, but, as I'm not sure which thread to choose, here we go again (March of 2022 version):
what are the options available in Europe (UK) for the 45hp (35hp-60hp) engine?
Must:
- dual ignition
- fairly low prop rpm (suitable for a large prop), like 3000rpm (+-)? Definitely not 7000rpm on a prop, so likely with a reduction gear (must be included in price)
- (more or less) complete solution as an aircraft engine (i.e. it has flown on a few a/c and does not require much work. req to assemble is acceptable)
- in production now

I know of:
- Hummel 45hp - $7686 in the US, so ~£5800 in the UK plus shipping
- Polini Thor 303 38hp - 4000Eur, so ~£4100 in the UK plus shipping

Not good anymore:
- Rotax 2-stroke - out of production
- Pegasus O-100 (DP-1) - as far as I'm aware Pete is no longer with us and no one is working on engine anymore.
- Hirth - too expensive compared to Hummel and Polini
Anything obvious I'm missing?

Back