0-200 Information

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

D

davedpilot

Hi all, I've completed a search in the archives for any technical info regarding the Cont. 0-200 such as 3 view drawings, all up flying weight, cg, etc...anyone know where I can find such info?

Thanks

D

davedpilot

Thanks DJ,
I found that same information, however, I was looking for more detail in the 3 view so I could create a rough model including the mounts. :ermm:

D

davedpilot

Lee, I couldn't find what I was looking for. Lots of info though, thanks for the link.:)

rpellicciotti

Hi all, I've completed a search in the archives for any technical info regarding the Cont. 0-200 such as 3 view drawings, all up flying weight, cg, etc...anyone know where I can find such info?

Thanks
A phone call to TCM and a check for $10.00 (The last time I did it some years ago) will get you a full package of data on the engine of your choice.

D

davedpilot

Rick, Imade a call to TCM, that $10 is now $125. Probably going to wait and see if someone would measure the mount tabs and let me know the dimensions. :)

rpellicciotti

Rick, Imade a call to TCM, that $10 is now $125. Probably going to wait and see if someone would measure the mount tabs and let me know the dimensions. :)
Wow! I can see why you would want to wait. I'll see if I can drum up an engine mount drawing for the O-200.

rpellicciotti

This drawing should help. The firewall side is not likely what you need but the engine side should give you what you are looking for.

Attachments

Tom Kay

Re-asking the same question, 0-200 Information

Hi;

I also would like more info on the 0-200. I'd ideally like to have side, front and especially top views of the engine. I already have a decent side view, port side.

I found this one on the web and simply traced over it with Corel Draw to make a line drawing of it. I'd like to do the same with at least the top view.

So can anyone direct me to a good top view of the Continental 0-200? Either a good clear photo, PDF, anything would probably work as long as there's decent detail in it.

Thanks, Tom.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

davedpilot

Tom

Would it be possible to add a scale to that side view and post it again?

Tom Kay

Hi Davedpilot;

Here is the upgraded drawing. I know the scales that I've drawn don't extend to the full size of the engine, but according to the specs I found on the web, the 0-200 is as follows:

length: 28.53
width: 31.56 inches
height: 23.18 inches
empty weight: 170.18 pounds
Fully equipped weight: approx 215 pounds

Hope this helps. Now, does anyone have a good top view so I can do a vector drawing like this one?

Cheers, Tom.

Attachments

Tom Kay

Hi Again;

This should get a bit easier in the next short while. I just called David Martin (1-888-826-5465) at Continental and he is mailing me some PDF views of the old 0-200. This should include top, left side, front, rear and perhaps bottom view, all with dimensions.

Fingers crossed. When I get it, I'll continue my top drawing of the engine. I started last night, but I was estimating based on some photos I have of an A-65. I'll show you a photo and my drawing so far. It'll be neat to see how close (or far off) I was.

Stand by! Tom.

Attachments

Tom Kay

Hi All, and Davedpilot;

I received my email from David at Continental as promised. The PDF file has some good info about the 0-200, and please tell me if I can attach the whole PDF file to the next reply I write. I know I can do pictures, but not sure about other files.

Here are some of the views separated out from the main text and cleaned up a bit. I intend to at least finish my top view line drawing of the engine, so it's in vector format, and perhaps a couple more views just for fun. This work takes a while, so it won't be lightning quick.

Cheers, Tom.

Attachments

D

davedpilot

Tom, you are the man! This is a a big help.

I think adding pdf's would be the same process

Last edited by a moderator: