• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

You HAVE an airplane. You use it for...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplane Owners: What best fits your actual usage? Pick no more than two, please!

• I take the plane up when I want to relax. Chasing the sunset after work.

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • I use my airplane to take friends flying, airshows, camping, $100 burgers. Just fun.

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • I use mine for mid-range personal travel - beats driving!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I use mine for long-distance personal travel - beats the airlines!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I use it for business travel - trips, commutes, any business use.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I take the plane up when I want to relax. Chasing the sunset after work.

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • I use my airplane to take friends flying, airshows, camping, $100 burgers. Just fun.

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • I use mine for mid-range personal travel - beats driving!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I use mine for long-distance personal travel - beats the airlines!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I use it for business travel - trips, commutes, any business use.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recently put up a poll asking why people are interested in "inexpensive" homebuilts. I've been getting some very interesting responses to that poll, and it's been opening my eyes on a couple of points. And, of course, raising a few more questions!

With apologies to those of us (including myself) who don't yet have an airplane, this poll is just for those people who already have an airplane right now. What people want to do with an airplane is interesting, and I'll likely ask about that in the near future, but for today, what do those of you with an airplane actually do with it? Doesn't have to be a homebuilt - any airplane you own right now will do.

This one isn't so cut and dried - people use airplanes for multiple purposes - so I've opened up the poll to allow multiple answer selections. As a favor to me, please select no more than two answers that best match how you use your airplane.

Thank you!

The poll closes 30 days from today.

Back