• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need an engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexkmmll

I know that theres a hot thread about this right now, but I didnt want to butt into someone elses thread about my own questions, and I need a bit more help on mine.
So, a friend and I are planning on building an ultralight, but heres the catch... We're only 13 (Meaning we dont have the biggest bank accounts) so we need a simple, inexpensive, reliable, and most importantly light engine to use in our ultralight.

I havent done a whole lot of research on the topic of engines suitable for our project, just because I dont know a whole lot about them. I was looking at 2-strokes just because they're more efficent (As far as I know), and many builders use them in ultralights. The reason why we need to find an engine now is so we know how much money we need to put into this project, and how much weight we're going to have in the nose.
Its pretty important that it's cheep, and I mean dirt cheep. No more then $1000 for the engine(Less if possible! :ermm:). We really dont want to break our bank on the engine...

Thanks,
Alex

Back