• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

what to do with dual seat ultralights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

Well, the village idiot here is still looking at various and sundry aircraft, and was recently offered a TwinStar with 0 time engine for around $6k. My thought with the second seat was to pull it and put in a baggage holder (ESP for backpack, I do a bit of hiking). I had asked a few folks in the past, one suggestion was to chat with the local FSDO and get their opinion. Apparently their opinion was that they want no part of anything related to pt 103. All my calls went unanswered.

So, back to here. Any experiences, scuttlebutt or general info on if going to one seat in the Kolb would make it legal, or "more legal" To fly as an ultralight? Cessna 150 time is coming along, but work travel and the wife's budget plans crimp things. The Kolb needs a bit of work, and as winter is coming, that would give me time to get all niggles handled.

Thanks in advance;
Derswede

Back