Quantcast

What do you think about "e-soaring"?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

John.Roo

I am lucky, because I had very good training on Courchevel altiport. And my instructor has been Mr. Michel Ziegler (legendar pilot, founder of Air Alpes and builder of altiports).

Huez is much smaller in compare with Courchevel so you just must be a bit more carefull :)

opcod

Do you have some test result with this dual blade system of yours ? As for the engine.. This is quite inefficient by design as the winding of this make it too heavy for motorglider. Sure it can work, but not as effecitive vs Emrax and other. As with them you can put some more cargo or just be probably a good 1kg lighter

henryk

Do you have some test result with this dual blade system of yours ? As for the engine.. This is quite inefficient by design as the winding of this make it too heavy for motorglider. Sure it can work, but not as effecitive vs Emrax and other. As with them you can put some more cargo or just be probably a good 1kg lighter
=not yet,
I am changing sliding contacts to the axial one.LEMCO like...

LEM200 (14-29 kW) is 11kg heavy, but simple DC controller or commutator
is anoth to motor controll...
on the pictures=only stand for thrust and stability of CR Differential drive
examination, distance between propellewrs too.

opcod

From all search made, cheap controller can be found in China, but with very bad efficiency and more made for golf cart. So it's about 1kg heavier and you end up saving... 200$ at most. You have also Unitek, but is very bulky and not that better than mgm. And for that the bare minimum is to go with a 120v. Just like Martin detail too.. higher voltage is better as well, just as you consume less amp if you go with 240v vs 120v. But again, depend on the mission.. after 3hr in the air it's quite enought for me, so i don't care much about uber performance or long range type of... So being 10 or 20lbs more heavier it's ok too. (at right place cg of course) hehe

henryk

cheap controller can be found in China, but
=we have them,be carefull with maximal ratings...(weak isolation,not accurate montage)

N= F * V... lower speed,lower need in power.

f.e. KASPERWING F thrust=M/ L/D =150 /10 =15 kG (150 N)

N=150* 5 =750 W (< 1 kW !)IMG_20171218_160612019 (2).jpgIMG_20171218_160612019 (2).jpg

opcod

do you have an electric aircraft that can get more than 3 hr flight time?
??? This is a topic about e-soaring. You can pass way more than 8hr in the air with no engine at all. We don't talk about aircraft in this topic. a Motorglider is not and aircraft... but more a glider and if you need to go at X place, then you fire up the motor and go there even in light rain.

henryk
wow indeed. I did spend few month for ductfan and mostly if you see a 40kw rating it's a confirm rating for about 3 sec. Then the inside melt and catch fire. And continuous is barely 50%. But if you need on 20kw.. a 50 will do, but so heavy that for a glider.. you will not have the option for self lunch.

henryk

henryk

=data of ELECTRO-challange in EUROPE ? (cant finde...)

-its a pity= I cant finde Yours PHOENIX !?

Last edited: