Quantcast

What do you think about "e-soaring"?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

crusty old aviator

What a lot of hardware involved with the AXEL II trailer system. The Cobra trailers are much simpler, more efficient, lighter, and elegant. I’m surprised he didn’t copy their dolly & track system, tailgate/ramp, and overhead horizontal tail rack...oh well, we all pursue our own visions.

John.Roo

I prefer "normal" undercarriage, but it doesn´t mean that "one main wheel" or "tandem" version of undercarriage is wrong. My opinion is based on "tail-dragger with one main wheel" undercarriage experience (like on a lot of old motorgliders). With tandem undercarriage you need wider taxiway and RWY. On some airports is problem with RWY lights. And landing in crosswind conditions seems to me harder. Once (long time ago) I have been watching EUROPA TMG trying to land on pawed RWY in hard crosswind conditions and after 4 interrupted landings pilot gave up and he flown away. My personal experience with motorglider L-13 SE Vivat was short and again - I didn´t liked.
So please take my post like my personal opinion because my favorite undercarriage is "normal" taildragger. And ideally in combination with long wings and stopped engine :)
20191018_131153.jpg

20191018_145153.jpg

20191018_123313.jpg

henryk

I prefer "normal" undercarriage, but it doesn´t mean that "one main wheel" or "tandem" version of undercarriage is wrong. My opinion is based on "tail-dragger with one main wheel" undercarriage experience (like on a lot of old motorgliders). With tandem undercarriage you need wider taxiway and RWY. On some airports is problem with RWY lights. And landing in crosswind conditions seems to me harder. Once (long time ago) I have been watching EUROPA TMG trying to land on pawed RWY in hard crosswind conditions and after 4 interrupted landings pilot gave up and he flown away. My personal experience with motorglider L-13 SE Vivat was short and again - I didn´t liked.
So please take my post like my personal opinion because my favorite undercarriage is "normal" taildragger. And ideally in combination with long wings and stopped engine :)
View attachment 89600

View attachment 89601

View attachment 89603

=or ? (joyke)