• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Parts For Sale VW Water Cooled / Rotorway / Porsche Engine NEW in crate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
This is breaking news as of an hour ago, and NO I do NOT have anywhere near "all the info" yet. I don't have it in our hangar yet, I don't have photos yet, and I don't even have the donation form signed yet.

One of our EAA chapter members is donating what is apparently a new Rotorway water cooled engine to the chapter. He bought it for a Sonex project that never happened. It is still new in the crate. He said it's "a water cooled VW boxer derivative"... and I said "Rotorway???" and he said "Yeah, I think that's it.... it's some kind of a VW derivative that's water cooled and has some higher performance Porsche parts in it."

A lot of you guys here know a lot more about this thing than I do, I have never seen or laid hands on a Rotorway engine. But rest assured that will not stop me from turning it into millions of dollars in revenue for our chapter, to support our youth aircraft build project.

The purpose of this post is to let my friends here on HBA know that this is "in the pipeline and on its way here", and to see if there is any potential interest in buying it, trading for it, or referring us to someone who wants it (once the details and specifics are known).

Last edited:
Back