V8 engine Cessna 172

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

rv7charlie

I get the liability concerns, but when I said C210-like, that's what I meant; *like*. I'd never be able to afford an actual Type Certificated C210, nor would I ever want one.

Shucks; sell us an airboat reduction drive, and a highly flexible airboat engine controller. I'm pretty sure no one in the exp-homebuilt or exp-exhibition categories would complain about flying boat parts. I know that a lot of Swift owners fly a boat part to make their gear & flaps go up & down (but there's no paperwork that talks about it...).

proppastie

Log Member
Experimental op limits were re-written years ago that remove most of the restrictive op limitations for the exhibitions category
liability in the US is really an obstacle.
You probably have considered the following options.......Perhaps you sell plans, expensive book? .......you can be assured that it will be the rare case that the plans are followed exactly (homebuilders like to make "improvements"?) and that might get you off the hook liability wise......Other US designs have been sold to foreign concerns to escape US liability.......You might work on a "bullet proof" "idiot proof" simple setup with sealed proprietary electronics and proprietary hardware and you being the only installer of the system so that you can maintain the quality required to reduce your liability.........just supplying the electronics or the prop drive would be a big job for a small organization. There are reasons it is easy to make a small fortune in aviation .....good luck.