• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Trimable Canard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmattisonav8r

Just for reference, I'm taking baby steps in my aircraft design process and I am past the basic X- plane and large scale (6 ft wingspan) model phase.

Of course like every canard aircraft designer they reach that can I tackle the flaps and balance phase of the process :ermm: so here we go.

I want to modify my RC model to have flaps and a flying canard. I've noticed some aircraft, especially VLJs have some wicked thrust pitch coupling issues. Piper Altaire come to mind first and foremost. Their plan was a flying tail last I checked. Well a canard if I understand correctly has the same issue but with flaps instead of power. Is it likely you'd have success with a variable instance canard wing to offset the flaps pitch coupling.

I'm gonna give it a whirl. What do you guys predict the out come will be. Based on my track record lots and lots of Balsa and many crashes. But I'll have fun I'm sure.

Back