• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Towable Rogallo Trike: Design and Compromise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two lane aviator

Hi

Since my other thread has just "died", i guess i have to start a new one.

Now, let's start on a completely different, alot more realistic footing.

I have decided to do an early style Rogallo trike.

And now i have clearer than ever mission requirements:
60-70 feet takeoff and landing roll
2 stroke minimal HP engine (grass cutter)
70 kg empty weight
100 kg payload
roadable and towable
as quiet as possible
8-10m span

Yes, i know the Achilles' heel of the early Rogallos. If you dive, you crash.

But it is the simplest and easiest to build aircraft (and probably the only one that fits my budget)

Any other problems? Should i compromise anything? More wing area or Higher AR? Should i build it high (2m or more) or low (less than 2 m)?
How do i make the weight limit?

Back