• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Toronto Airspace Classes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superhornet59

Hey everyone, I'm starting work on my own single-place ultralight (basic, not advanced) and its of my own design.

Anyway I live in Mississauga, Ontario, which isn't too far from Pearson International.

I'm pretty confused about all the different kinds of airspace, but generaly, where can I fly?

I'm still not sure if I'm putting a radio on my airplane, because I'm trying to keep the cost extremely low, but I would love nothing more then to fly by my neighbourhood, but theres always aircraft flying overhead for takeoff or landing (theyre pretty high up, probably a good 4000-5000 feet altitude) which makes me wonder what kind of flight restrictions I'm going to have, and whether or not I will need a radio.

This is especially so because its an ultralight, and theres not much information on ultralight specific regulations.

So, does anyone have a map/ description of toronto's airspace? and can someone please explain to me ultralight flight regulations in various airspaces? (keep in mind I live in Canada so US rules might not be accurate)

Thanks alot,

-Matt

Back