Quantcast

The birds of Techproaviation

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

erkki67

Techproaviation a small gem in the Czech Aeroindustrie.

they have a good looking series of their Merlin in quiet a few variants, from the single cylinder Taildragger to the V-twin powered tri gear hot rod, pictures are available at Aeromarine LSA.

But yes, they have also a little two seater of their own creation, the Muska, same layout like the Merlin, but side by side, a very neat looking critter which would merit a wider spread out.

D0CC746A-0E25-44C2-84C6-1BFC8E04ECF7.jpeg138BD063-EB3E-4983-BDFF-181DF706F84B.jpegA1F4C619-BAF9-4AF0-A4BF-2165452C3DAE.jpeg

Last edited:

erkki67

But anyhow, I’ve been visiting the factory of Techproaviation, I took no pictures as it wasn’t allowed, which I did respect.

They are producing kits and complete aircraft for other manufactures as well, in a outstanding workmanship, close to Airbus quality.

The staff was very friendly, and ready to answer any questions, even the chief engineer, took some time for us.

what I’ve seen there was 1st quality.

Speedboat100

youll find examples of any kind of ultralight crashing for 1000 reasons, this crash here is a lawsuit if I remember it right, a broken eyebolt versus piloting skills.
The results where terrible for the pilot, but he survived.
I bet a broken eye bolt challenges any aviator.

I am sorry for bringing that pic, but it did disturb me.

erkki67

I bet a broken eye bolt challenges any aviator.

I am sorry for bringing that pic, but it did disturb me.
Yess indeed, but the question was or is, what came first, broken eyebolt or bad airmanship!
I believe they were fighting around this issue, I gnoses the outcome of this, as I’ve no prove for either truth.

erkki67

Specs for the Muska, performance, engine choices, kit availability etc.... Is there a webpage?
No, they do not advertise for this gem, but I’ve some details I can share, without running into troubles.
wingspan 9430mm
Lenght 6110mm
Height 2370mm
engine type R912 80-115hp
fuelquantity 72l I believe not sure! Could be more.
they might assist in building the bird at their facilities, but need to ask directly Techproaviation, but this I asked only for the Muska/Dusty not for the Merlin(single seater)
emptyweight, I don’t remember it but I suppose in the 250 to 280kg range.
mtow between 472,5kg and 600kg.
speedfigures should be close to the single seater equiped with the R582.

erkki67

B489C696-606D-4221-9D15-0E5C8FBA1944.jpeg
this is the bigger brother of the Aeromarine-LSA engine

simflyer

But anyhow, I’ve been visiting the factory of Techproaviation, I took no pictures as it wasn’t allowed, which I did respect.

They are producing kits and complete aircraft for other manufactures as well, in a outstanding workmanship, close to Airbus quality.

The staff was very friendly, and ready to answer any questions, even the chief engineer, took some time for us.

what I’ve seen there was 1st quality.
As I know more about, am seeing their quality as mostly good, but not as outstanding. Also conception with single strut would be much better.

erkki67

As I know more about, am seeing their quality as mostly good, but not as outstanding. Also conception with single strut would be much better.
No single strut required, the wing is of a Cantilever type, ample strong!.

i can classify the workmanship, I’m an aviation sheetmetal worker as well, so trust me when I’m saying it’s first class.

ive seen other sheetmetal constructions, they do not even come close to techproaviation’s quality