Quantcast

The birds of Techproaviation

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

simflyer

No single strut required, the wing is of a Cantilever type, ample strong!. i can classify the workmanship, I’m an aviation sheetmetal worker as well, so trust me when I’m saying it’s first class. ive seen other sheetmetal constructions, they do not even come close to techproaviation’s quality
Cantilever on low speed planes, with fixed gear as Dusty is contraproductive, as proven over dozens years by Cessna and others. Cause of cantilever is Dusty looking like mastodont - too high comparing to its lenght. Cantilever makes Dusty structure uselesly difficult, heavy, wing spar is blocking view upward and it have problems with static CoG. Also elevator isn't effective enough to get its heavy nose up soon on toff and hold it up in landing runout. Had 120kg on nose gear when wasn't on full 600kg MTOW! As I know more of their production, am more competent to judge.
BTW Glasair Sportsman and Puma looks nicer even they can place tail higher, but they built only 3 protos, so like on Merlin, maybe they rework it after years :)

Attachments

erkki67

Actual nose gear weight is 75kg, not the mentioned 120kg of your claims. I had sufficient space in those birds, I’m 197cm tall.

it seams to me that you are trying to make those bad looking.

as you have the competences, with which other products do you compare the Techproaviation line of aircraft?

simflyer

Actual nose gear weight is 75kg, not the mentioned 120kg of your claims. I had sufficient space in those birds, I’m 197cm tall. it seams to me that you are trying to make those bad looking.
as you have the competences, with which other products do you compare the Techproaviation line of aircraft?
120kg was measured when Dusty wasn't at full MTOW of 600kg, so when empty weight wasn't significantly lowered and main gear wasn't shifted fwd that much to split 120kg to main gear, it is impossible to reach 75kg. 75kg is actually impossible even at empty weight I think. And stil You should remember, that 120kg wasn't at full MTOW You can check it on next visit at TPA.
As You know, on market is more 2seater highwing planes and next are comming.

Last edited:

Speedboat100

Banned
I have never heard of any bad pubicity for this company...all company planes crash eventually...even Concorde.

2 out of three 3 Alpha Electros in nordic countries are down.

simflyer

Im wondering why a bad publicity is made for this company, any experimental or LSA company had their accidents? constructive critics are ok, but the bashing is nonsens.
It is not bad publicity, they're also doing interesting things, but engineering always should be based on critics, which they're mostly missing. Try to be objective - they have to redesign Dusty and take later designs different way.

simflyer

Simflyer have you flown Dusty? I have...
And what ?? Does it mean You're around its development, in touch with any of testing pilots and knowing all problems?
Laic flying without comprehensive testing according measured documented parameters necessary for type cert. don't give critical view. I can, but don't like/want to fly it (now almost same 3 protos) - not plane of my interrest. Maybe after few years and major changes.

Last edited:

simflyer

i feel good that .....
I am enough long time around TPA planes and got much more info than You, so could say what should be solved before building next protos - actually flying only first three pieces. On Merlin it took 7+ years and stil could be knowingly better. Cantilever wing is wrong way, as proven on planes from major planes factories. I don't need to debate with anybody who isn't able to accept critics and think about facts. Facts don't need my name.

erkki67

Simflyer, you should mention, that a cantilever wing at the light aircraft category might be questionable, but for the lowwing community it’s a well accepted formula.
Sheetmetal is the way to go for an affordable aircraft.

erkki67

For the LSA the Highwing cantilever Lay-out is a niche, simflyer, you are right, but why to swim in a steady mainstream.

for sure, there are thousands of ICP’s, all kind of Zenair High wings and similar ones out there, but what does it tell you, or at least for me, there is some space for High wing cantilever Aircraft builders, like TPA, Ranger, Roland and a bunch of composite companies as well.

your view might be correct, but you must accept, that the view of TPA might be correct as well for their own reasons, if you like it or not.

but you seem to be well trained in sheetmetal conception, so I’d like to get in touch with you by pm.