Tell us what you are building!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jman, Feb 7, 2011.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Apr 22, 2019 #181

cgaircrft

cgaircrft

cgaircrft

I am 3 years into a 4 passenger amphibious airplane. Around 300 hp from a 13b turbo running around 6000 rpm's with a constant speed propeller speed around 2500 with my 2:40 prsu unit. I have the motor completed and dynoed, Haven't permanently constructed intake and exhaust as need in place to properly accomplish this task. I have been working with a design engineer and are almost to concept. Then comes structural design and actual wind tunel results. Excited to get started on actual construction.

2. May 12, 2019 #182

Marko

Marko

Marko

Hi There
    Was building the F11AC www.acrocruiser.com/gallery
    almost finished, painting tomorrow. Took me 10 months, working alone in my spare time.

Battler Britton, steveair2 and BJC like this.
  3. May 19, 2019 #183

noob8844

noob8844

noob8844

Hey yall, I'm currently designing a mid to low wing, wood-fabric ultralight. Goal of this ultralight is to be easily disassemblable (so it can fit in your garage or pickup) and as easy to build as possible. If all goes well, I intend to release plans so anyone that wants to fly, but can't drop five or six figures on an LSA or Cessna, can drop a grand or two at Home Depot and end up with a functional flyer within a few months of on and off wood working. Here's the fuselage and tail skeleton I have so far: Untitled.png
    I'd love to hear your opinions on this and my future work's structural stability and manufacturability.

4. May 19, 2019 #184

Norm Langlois

Norm Langlois

Norm Langlois

I encourage you to weigh up your calculations . A 103 compliant UL is a hard mark to hit.
    There are a very few cantilevered wings to fit your goals and they are not wood.
    The weight for 103 is just to low for any of us dreamers. The available engine weights are still to high for a 4 stroke 90 lbs or more. That is a big bite out of your weight budget . 2 stroke options are still the best between 60 and 90 . Some better ones out there made for UN maned aircraft ,those are cost prohibitive.
    I did it with aluminum and its still not cantilevered.
    Good luck to you.
    Norm

5. Aug 19, 2019 #185

Speedboat100

Speedboat100

Speedboat100

I am in the middle of my third wind turbine prototype making...and after that I will make a small aeroplane. I am learning new tricks everyday. Here is the strenghtened wood spar caps....blue is 1400 kg/m3 dense woodcomposite...which makes the wing incredibly stiff. Otherwise if would be like yello...almost. This system spun at over 300 Gs in previous model.

Attached Files:

6. Aug 23, 2019 #186

Charlie Webber

Charlie Webber

Charlie Webber

I picked up a mini max project last week. It needs controls ran, fabric covering, and engine. I have a new 277 that I bought from a different guy.

7. Aug 25, 2019 #187

Mark Schoening

Mark Schoening

Mark Schoening

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Prepping my shop for the new project: Zenith Cruzer. Going to Mexico in a coupla weeks to pick up the kit. Hope I don't have to stand in line....
    Planning to install a lyc 320, (floats a possibility) simple VFR, leaf lookin', going to breakfast, low and slow type of flying. Hope to finish by next summer.

8. Aug 26, 2019 #188

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

Could you post pictures or link to that machine?....sounds interesting.

9. Aug 26, 2019 #189

robertl

robertl

robertl

Not building anymore, running out of time so I'm selling what I have built. Wings with factory fuel tanks, rudder, elevator and stabilizer.

10. Sep 5, 2019 #190

cattflight

cattflight

cattflight

I'm not nearly as ambitious as most of you. I am building a Glastar from a kit [eek!]. 6 years into it amidst a busy work life and 4 home moves (one from Colorado to the Northwest). But making steady progress on FWF now! Build site link included here. I am in the process of porting all postings over from the now defunct Expercraft website, so there are a bunch of gaps.

Charles_says, delta and cdlwingnut like this.