Stress Analysis, Structural Design

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Andrew_J

Greetings to everyone:
I provide engineering assistance in the following areas:

• Structural Design of aircraft parts.
  • Stress Analysis of aircraft parts.
Below are examples of projects which have successfully been accomplished online. Aircrafts in those projects have already been constructed, and now they browse the skies.
Light Sport Aircraft A22LS (www.aeroprakt.kiev.ua) Landing gear Main Leg Designing and Stress Analysis

A22LS_ML_CAD.jpgA22LS_ML.jpg
АИ-10 (Ikar Ai-10 Ikar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) New metal Tale Boom designing.
AI-10_TB_CAD.jpgAI-10_TB.jpg
I work as a senior engineer at an aerospaceengineering company (www.progresstech.ru) for more than five years. Ourcompany mostly designs commercial aircrafts, but Ultra Light, Light Sport, and experimental aircrafts are of my great interest.
I will be pleased to provide my assistance to you.
Thankyou.
AndrewJorjishvili.

Andrew_J

When I estimate the job price I use 20$/hour fee rate. Below is very simple description of the Light Aircraft Landing Gear front Leg Stress Analysis project. Within the scope of this project I have accomplished the following:
  • Calculated the Landing Gear Front Leg Loads in accordance with the FAR23 requirements
  • Created FE model of the Landing Gear Front Leg
  • Performed stress Analysis of Landing Gear Front Leg components.
The static stress report is written on 109 in *.xls format pages and has FE model *.db file attached.It took me 100 hours.

Attachments

Last edited:

berridos

very reasonable. For sure you will get some clients over here. Maybe me but in half a year or more.

turkeykiller

Andrew,I think you did a good job!Same as you I worked 5 years too in aircraft structural engineering.But I can't do any stress analysis.So there is a long way for me to go.Good luck!

cheapracer

Log Member
When I estimate the job price I use 20$/hour fee rate.

Just to be clear, do you charge $20 per hour on the job itself?

...or is that just the fee for quoting the job and if so, what is the rate for the jobbing?

berridos

Have you got cnc machining capabilities to include the finished part as part of the job?

Andrew_J

I haveCNC module in CATIA. I also maintain cooperation with CNC manufacturing firms.But the price of a single part might be quite high. Mailing metal parts couldbe expensive too.

berridos

I am currently thinking on a gimball that will quench the landing gear. As I end my holidays I will scan the piece and show a picture. Pazmany offers two rotating landing gear solutions. One would imply welding and metal and the other one would allow for a carbon composite leg.

addicted2climbing

Log Member
When I estimate the job price I use 20$/hour fee rate. Below is very simple description of the Light Aircraft Landing Gear front Leg Stress Analysis project. Within the scope of this project I have accomplished the following:

• Calculated the Landing Gear Front Leg Loads in accordance with the FAR23 requirements
  • Created FE model of the Landing Gear Front Leg
  • Performed stress Analysis of Landing Gear Front Leg components.
The static stress report is written on 109 in *.xls format pages and has FE model *.db file attached.It took me 100 hours.
Andrew,
I will be very interested and have a project I plan to get to in October. I own the rights to a few plans built aircraft and want to redesign the 4130 fuselage for aluminum tube and gusset similar to how the Graham Lee or Baslee WW1 aircraft are done. I have the fuselage drawn in Solidworks but its not finished yet. Would this be doable? Aircraft is here: www.cloudbaseaviation.com
I could supply the plans and the solidworks file? I see you use Catia, any chance you also have Solidworks so there is no conversion?

Current fuselage
Skylite Fuselage - Tube Frame, Single Tail Tube crop.jpg

Looking for something like this:

Tube & Gusset Fuselage.jpg

addicted2climbing

Log Member
Andrew,
I will be very interested and have a project I plan to get to in October. I own the rights to a few plans built aircraft and want to redesign the 4130 fuselage for aluminum tube and gusset similar to how the Graham Lee or Baslee WW1 aircraft are done. I have the fuselage drawn in Solidworks but its not finished yet. Would this be doable? Aircraft is here: www.cloudbaseaviation.com
I could supply the plans and the solidworks file? I see you use Catia, any chance you also have Solidworks so there is no conversion?

Current fuselage
View attachment 101177

Looking for something like this:

View attachment 101178
Im mostly concerned with the cabane mounting. The front one (in Green) would likely be one continuous bent tube from lower longeron to the wing attach point. The rear likely the same but would require modifying the truss tubes or leave as is with the added vertical between the existing truss tubes.

poormansairforce

Im mostly concerned with the cabane mounting. The front one (in Green) would likely be one continuous bent tube from lower longeron to the wing attach point. The rear likely the same but would require modifying the truss tubes or leave as is with the added vertical between the existing truss tubes.
Andrew hasn't been around since 2013....