• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Strength of Carbon Fibre

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Carlsson

I start a new tread or yarn on this.

I am going to prepare some strength test, but need initial still real world numbers on the strength on Carbon Fibre, like tensile strength, and e-modulus in a finished lamina with epoxy, on carbon fibre both uni. and bid, on most common fabric style, what ever that is :)
Hand layup numbers is ok. If you have any dry and "wet" numbers of thickness in relation to its weight per sq. area it will be perfect.

PSI is good enough. or if you use SI it is ok too. just tell what it is.

For those US readers, this info will be used before real testing of the material, and is not for any life hazardous design, so you don't need to think about your attorneys fee's.

I have Hollmann's book but not sure I trust that.

Back