Quantcast

Single-seat ultralight puddlejumper: the "Carbonmax"

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

Thanks karma, glad to know my memory is still usable!

BTW, if you ever get to meet Dave Lednicer, he'll be the smartest guy in the room, even if you're meeting over at Bill Gates' house having lunch with Elon Musk.

Dave is an absolute great guy as well.

stanislavz

HBA Supporter
Kind of other thinking out of the box for non-foam leading edge. Motiwation from video - it is sturdier, than 200gsm foam 200gsm. :

1599818893767.png

Victor Bravo

Some really clever person in the homebuilt glider business (ahem...) should probably speak with her about making molds off of that motorglider and creating a kit version.

I'm sure there are several improvements and tweaks that can be made (based on her experience with the prototype), but overall it seems that this is a perfectly workable example of a modern AS-K14.

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
Some really clever person in the homebuilt glider business (ahem...) should probably speak with her about making molds off of that motorglider and creating a kit version...
You should really look at the aircraft itself. I admire Sonja's incredible innovation and resourcefulness, but her work has a certain organic nature to it. Which is perfectly fine in a one-off, and I don't think she ever intended it to be more than that. It works perfectly well and the air doesn't care about straight lines. But it would be kind of a tough sell in a production unit.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah but for production you would have to build tools anyway. So you would take some license and so it could be lofted a bit more... aggressively towards smoothness then.

The overall concept is great and the performance speaks for itself. Met Sonja at Oshkosh some years back. Have some colleagues in common with her. Nothing but praise all around as to her engineering prowess.