• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sad Day at Old Rhinebeck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
My prayers and condolences go out to the family of the airshow performer that my family and I witnessed lose his life today at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. His name escapes me at the moment. During the WWI air combat re-enactment sequence his Nieuport 24 appeared to enter a spin and crash just out of sight beyond the trees that line the Aerodrome. We were shocked and then deeply sadened by this terrible event.

For those of you who are not familiar with Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, it's a small airstrip about 60 miles north of New York city with the most incredible collection of vintage aircraft I have ever seen. Saturday and Sunday of every summer weekend they put on a full airshow and re-enactment complete with zaney characters and storyline. My family and I spent 3 days in the last week there talking with volunteers and examining the amazing collection of aircraft. Expect a full trip report sometime in the next couple of weeks. Here is a link to the Old Rhinebeck website: http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

Back