RW19/20 wing rib question

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Greg DeKeyser

Im looking at the plans i purchased for the RW19/20 and trying to understand everything before i decide i want to build....

question, how do the ribs attach to the spars? Are they nailed? Epoxied? Something else? I would do plywood ribs. The nose ribs are 1/8” thick ply in the plans and the rest of the rib are 1/4”. Any insight is appreciated.

thanks!
Greg

proppastie

Log Member
The nose ribs are 1/8” thick ply in the plans and the rest of the rib are 1/4”. Any insight is appreciated.
My guess the stress analysis showed the 1/8 in the nose was strong enough for that location (probably because the leading edge is very strong around the bend).....

Greg DeKeyser

Im sure its strong enough because the nose ribs are covered by ply too, Just not sure how i will glue then in place being so thin.... might need some jig of sorts perhaps

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Greg......T88 is your friend for this task.
The trailing edge of the rib has a slot that allows it to slide onto the rear spar and then the leading edge of the rib butts flush to the rear of the front spar where it is glued in place.

Order the construction videos and 99% of your questions will be answered after watching them.
Really good info on wing construction towards the end of the first video.

Remember that their are a few issues with the plan dimensions that I will point out for you.

PM me your contact info and I will put you on my short list .....as you requested on FB.

Kevin

Greg DeKeyser

Thanks, I haven't ordered the videos yet but will before i start anything.

i sent you contact info by Pm on here

Thanks!

cdlwingnut

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I looks like it is done the same as on my RW-1 you will see pictures on my build log

Group Builder