• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Roller blade wheels as tailwheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDub

Some Cassutts use roller blade wheels as tailwheels and I'm leaning in that direction. There is a local builder that is working in that direction also.

The big question in my mind-actually two-come with the mission I do. I'm not a racer, so I need some reliability and longevity on hard surface smooth runways. I'm not looking (willingly anyway) to land on grass, rough strips, or do 3 pointers.

1. Steerable or unsteerable? The lack of weight and complexity of unsteerable is enticing to me. I also thinthe Cassutt tail would be light enough to just "slide" with differential braking.

2. Which type? There are many kinds/different hardness.

JDub

Back