Quantcast

ROADABLE autogyro from Czech Republic

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

ultralajt

Re: ROADABLE autogyro from Chech Republik

I like it, wish I could have read the article... looks like fun!
Google translation:
March 10, gyroplane GyroDrive received technical approval, which allows you to move it along the public roads in the Czech Republic. For this purpose, the aircraft is equipped with the necessary additional road transport elements, ie. Number plates, mirrors, turn signals, brake lights, headlights and other.

Pavel Brezina of the company Nirvana Systems emphasized that this is the first gyroplane homologated for road use and work on his adaptation took three years. On the streets of the aircraft you can be seen near the town of Prerov - Bochoř, where the company is headquartered Nirvana. GyroDrive can fly at speeds of up to 185 km / h, but the land can not move faster than 40 km / h.
March 14 with the participation of GyroDrive the streets of Prague held a special session to the Czech magazine photoshoot Pilot. The aircraft also will be presented during the fair General Aviation AERO, which held from 5 to 8 April will be held in Friedrichshafen, Germany.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter

More pics here: http://www.autogyro.cz/r0c214/GyroDrive-prvni-virnik-homologovany-pro-silnicni-provoz/

It appears to be an AutoGyro GMBH Calidus enclosed, tandem two-seat gyroplane with an electric drive unit on the front wheel and the lights and plate for registration, possibly as a motor scooter. It's a neat idea since the two-blade rotor need not fold for short distances. I am sure it's not fast and can't go far, but even 10 or 20 km range would be enough if you live near the airport with a gas station on the way.

It makes me think that something like this could be made detachable and serve just to facilitate storing your aircraft at home. Drive to the airport and then leave the batteries and motor on the ground if they are heavy enough to impede performance. I could even see a little self-contained "tug" that tows you along by the nosewheel or or tailwheel or a three-wheeled scooter that the whole plane rides on with you either on the scooter or in the plane. Some food for thought...the last one for the shape of the trolley, not takeoff. ;-)

tug_727.jpg electric-cargo-trike-for-business-use.jpg

eon03.jpg French-Baroudeur-SE-5000-Fighter-Jet-1955-1024x467.jpg

henryk

-it is possible to made semi hybrid device=iddle rpm(centrifugal gear,propellerstop)
main motor driving small generator >hub motor...

=no need in big accu!

V<40 km/h...

Aerowerx

I often dream about something like that, when stuck in traffic on I-71!