• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Retrofit Trimming (Strong pitch trim)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickr_rr

Hello from Germany,
Since I have received my sport pilot license in 2009 I have been thinking about various building projects (CH701, Asso V, ULF2) and finally got stuck with the SD-1 by Igor Spacek. Everything is quite regulated over here so we are still awaiting final certification of the aircraft.
Until then I was restoring a 1994 FK9 Mark 2 classic (High-wing 2-seater taildragger by B&F). You can see the project here: FK9 Mk2 Classic Umbau
I think homebuilders are another "breed" of pilots compared to those renting or just flying pilots. I have published my work in a German forum and responds were not always friendly. I am not an engineer but I have acquired some basic knowledge about building in all materials (built the CH701 rudder) since I have read quite a few books about this topic (Bingelis, Sonja Englert etc. etc.).
So I wanted to retrofit a flap actuator and some sort of trimming in my FK9. Here is the result and please give me your opinion about my approach. I am quite confident about my flap construction (I already added an extra strut so the cylinder will stay straight), but I am having concerns about the trimming which was actually sold for Canards ("Strong pitch trim").
Foto 4.jpgFoto 1.JPGFoto 3 (1).JPG

Thanks for your comments,
Michael

Attachments

• Foto 2.JPG
    Foto 2.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 277
Back