• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Quicksilver project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olpat

Hi Guys, Has anyone out there ever converted an early 80's wire braced MX to struts? I have a good set from a previous J3 kitten and when I hold them up there they seem to come out in all the right places @ about 5 Deg. dihedral. Shure am concerned about the wing attach though. It seems to me that Using them in lieu of wires could really simplify setting up from trailering. I recently traded for 2&1/2 early Quicksilvers all in pieces, and included was a really neat set of hard floats. I think that a pretty good fishing machine for the high lakes around here could be built. Any advice would be more than welcome. Patrick

Back