• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Polyurethane pour foam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanttobuild

I have read a response from the grand poobah about the use of pour foam.
If the frangable aspect could be overcome, could pour foam be used for the shear web between two surfaces of carbon tow in an epoxy matrix?
I ask because I would love to form up and pour a sky pup outer wing panels, but I suspect the center section will be done the same way.
The Sky Pup wing design would allow the foam to be one cast in place shear web, ribs are poured the same time as the spar. One pour. Machine foam with a router bit, apply 50k carbon tow. #5? Ribs would use the same tow.
Could I at this point apply latex paint on all exposed foam?
I am trying to learn the reason why this foam is unacceptable
It comes in the density I want, 6lb.
The Sky Pup wing design is in a unique position that would allow for this type of construction.
@ 16lb density it’s really concrete.
I respect the words from the grand poobah, I am wanting to use this foam, if the frangable aspect can be worked around. Is the chemical composition unacceptable?
Creep?
would encapsulated foam work?

Last edited:
Back