• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

POC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erkki67

Proof of concept
yes this was a name for a bird, which evolved into the later ZJ-Viera, a nifty little composite ultralight, I believe no longer in production today, but could be wrong too.

But what did caught my attention, was the POC, why, because of its simplicity of construction, mainly two big diameter Aluminium tubing.3DCEC8A5-AED8-45AE-8F5E-58D943D663DA.jpegD24A929B-B69E-4D5D-A8D3-070835926582.jpeg
The Aluminium prototype or proof of concept bird, would give a perfect base for an Homebuilt variant of it.

way back there was a similar bird on the cooker

18E0C64A-F3E7-4A62-A1FB-7CE7E2EB8521.jpeg
The sitting position of the POC and its construction pleases but I’d like to see the tailvolume and wings layout of the Penetrater.

how could detachable wings be attached to a single boom fuselage?

The POC, did separate the tailboom from the wings by removing two screws.

Back