• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Parking brake idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
My plane currently doesn’t have a parking brake. It has the low pressure Scott diaphragm master cylinders that include the heel brake pedals, paired with the usual Cleveland brakes. Normally, the parking brake is a valve that blocks the lines to the calipers after applying the brakes with your feet, which would involve some replumbing and additional lines.

The Scott cylinders have a hole in the arms intended to link them to a second set of brake pedals (normally the master cylinders are installed for the back seat of a tandem ship, with a link going to additional pedals for the front seat). I don’t need front seat brakes, but I was thinking of adding cables from the arms connected to an over-center lever like this one (just an example, not necessarily the one I’d choose). I’d probably add a spring for some compliance in the system.

Thoughts?

Back