Oshkosh 2022

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

BJC

Supporting Member
Sun n Fun 2022 is history, and it now it is time to start making plans for Oshkosh 2022, aka AirVenture 2022. (The non-EAA locals that I know simply call it “EAA.”)

Opening day is Monday, 25 July. EAA AirVenture Oshkosh | Oshkosh, Wisconsin | Fly-In & Convention

As usual, I will be at Homebuilders Headquarters early each AM, hopefully having coffee served by Mark Z.

Old hands know the routine. Those of you who haven’t yet joined us can find us sitting at a picnic table with a small place card reading HBA.com.

Hope to see you there.

BJC aka Byron Covey

Riggerrob

Wish I lived closer. Now I'm too old to sleep on the ground. The RV money went into the plane which is not finished. Stuck in Seattle. Hoping for good weather and turnout for those who make the trek.
Cheers
Gerry

May I suggest sleeping in a hammock?
My gathered end hammock is much gentler on my old bones than a fancy, full-sized, box-spring, mattress.

Kyle Boatright

Supporting Member
Anyone got suggestions for getting a buddy who will probably fly in with me to a commercial airport (Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Chicago) after the show on Wednesday night? He's got a work commitment on Thursday, but would like to see the Wednesday evening show.

n45bm

The
Wish I lived closer. Now I'm too old to sleep on the ground. The RV money went into the plane which is not finished. Stuck in Seattle. Hoping for good weather and turnout for those who make the trek.
Cheers
Gerry
Then you'd have to put up with snow, slush and ice. Not I, sandy beaches, palm trees and bikinis are my style.

don january

I spoke with my wife and we have been discussing riding our trike this year to the fly in and just pitching a tent like the old days. After 7 years of joining discussions on HBA it would be nice to share some coffee and chat and see if some good parts can be found at a good price along with seeing the planes up close. Nothing set in stone but the trip is in the works.

BJC

Supporting Member
I spoke with my wife and we have been discussing riding our trike this year to the fly in and just pitching a tent like the old days. After 7 years of joining discussions on HBA it would be nice to share some coffee and chat and see if some good parts can be found at a good price along with seeing the planes up close. Nothing set in stone but the trip is in the works.
What parts are you looking for, Don?

BJC

don january

What parts are you looking for, Don?

BJC
Any and all aircraft related items from a nice coffee mug to prop and spinner. Some fabric is still needed for my Fuselage and you know how it goes there is always something that comes up. I must keep in mind that if I ride my trike room will be limited but if I drive the Explorer I could always rent a U-haul trailer if needed and a futon mattress fits well in the suv.

Last edited: