• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Off the wall Flying Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon327

Ok so here it goes... As you will notice by my subsequent writing I might be really far off from being close to anything resembling something correct, but here it goes. I have an idea that if you have a body thats aerodynamic enough, and strap on the proper wings, and adequate thrust you will be able to fly it. With that being said I have a pretty aerodynamic car (by that i mean that im not driving around in a box like a Scion im driving a 2003 eclipse) and I came up with the simple enough idea of strapping some wings on it, and strapping on an engine and soaring into the wild blue yonder. This idea came about because i fell in love with the interior of my car and wondered why they cant seem to make GA aircraft this comfortable and ergonomic, so naturallyI thought well why not make my car fly and have the best of both worlds. Of course Im sure many of you will poke holes into my idea which is why I came here, for useful input. So I have pretty much drawn out the engine placement on the vehicle/future aircraft, I have drawn out where the wings would go, where the vertical and horizontal stab would go, and where the rudder would go. I have thought of and effectively planned a concept as to how the electronics and avionics onboard would work, Ive thought about sidestick placement inside, i have thought about landing gear/suspension needs, and I have even thought about weight and balance needs. Here are my problems im not quite sure as to how strong the wings need to be to lift the craft without buckling due to the fact that it will be quite a heavy craft once im done with it. I dont even know how to figure that out or even where to buy wings that are strong enough, so, I am open to everyones inputs please help!!!!

Back