Quantcast

Wanted Need to hire Steel 4130 welder

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

airbike

Log Member
I want to pay a Gas or Tig welder to weld Kelly-D landing gear, struts, control stick assembly, Capane,
N struts, rudder, stabilizers, and elevators and rudder pedals. I will order steel 4130 tubes and sheets,
they will ship them to Welder’s home address.
Please send me a quote by text 850-910-0224. You will send me your electricity bill copy in USA if hiring.

Last edited:

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Sounds like you are also hiring them to all fabrication, fitting, jigging, and inspection. Way more than just welding...

jany77

I usually do the work my self ,then put all the steel parts in wooden jigs and have local welder tig weld it ,sometime it takes more than one jig set up to do the job ,as you can see some parts are weld it in stages .
This way i pay only for welding .

Attachments

airbike

Log Member
I usually do the work my self ,then put all the steel parts in wooden jigs and have local welder tig weld it ,sometime it takes more than one jig set up to do the job ,as you can see some parts are weld it in stages .
This way i pay only for welding .
I am suffering from sciatica and left hip joint disease. I can not stand more than 3 min, I must sit a soft recliner.
It will heal 6 months.

CAVU Mark

I sent your info to a welder friend of mine in San Diego. He has been welding on planes for years. Just finished replacing longerons on a Piper Pacer. We'll see if he calls.