• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need some professional opinions on this Phantom X ultralight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopanskin

Good day all,

I came across a deal that was too hard to pass up. I'm a new owner of an already built Phantom ultralight with a rotax582 installed. The engines runs good (started it and ran it for about 10 minutes) and thats about all Ive done with it so far. Im still scouting out a place to store this guy. There are a few airports nearby the summerville, SC are that ive been looking into. Just looking for some hanger space so i dont have to cart this guy around back and fourth. Set it up and be done.
Since I'm rather new to this type of aircraft (mostly flown Cessna 150's and piper warriors) I dont know a whole lot about them. I have the manual and all the paperwork. The last engine inspection was in 2009 that checked out good. The fabric looks good (will be trying a punch test soon when I can find an inexpensive punch test tool). The instrument gauges work and the battery is good. The BRS chute needs repacked of course which will put a hold on this one until I can afford that. Meanwhile, while I'm saving up, I could do minor repairs to the phantom (if it needs it). If you guys would be kind enough to just take a look at some of the pictures and give me your honest feedback on if you see anything incorrect or possibly a safety issue.
Thanks! I wish there was an ultralight community around here but I cant locate one nearby.

0419172112.jpg0419172112a.jpg0419172112b.jpg0419172112c.jpg0419172112d.jpg0419172113.jpg0419172113a.jpg0419172113b.jpg0419172113c.jpg0419172113d.jpg0419172113f.jpg0419172114.jpg

Back