My Flycycle - barely more than a sketch

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Riggerrob

Here's a simple concept I was working on a few years back, based upon a cantilevered sheet-metal wing. The weight of the engine dictates that the pilot's position overlap the engine compartment a bit (similar to Minimax and Aeronca C3). I worked out a simple fairing for it that looks pretty good. I still want to build it, but I would feel better about the design if I could incorporate a lightweight, yet effective roll bar. High wing designs are safer, but the view is so boring.
If you add a fore-and-aft roll bar - that follows the silhouette of a Piper Skycycle - it would also help brace the tail-boom.

erkki67

Here's a simple concept I was working on a few years back, based upon a cantilevered sheet-metal wing. The weight of the engine dictates that the pilot's position overlap the engine compartment a bit (similar to Minimax and Aeronca C3). I worked out a simple fairing for it that looks pretty good. I still want to build it, but I would feel better about the design if I could incorporate a lightweight, yet effective roll bar. High wing designs are safer, but the view is so boring.
Holy cow, this thing is gorgeous!!!!