• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mosler CB-40 engine value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Brown

Hi

I am looking to try to get opinions of value for a barn find I came across today to see if it is worth my while getting them.

The find:

two complete, apart, new, Mosler CB-40 engines, I refer to them as kit engines. I’ve have had pretty much every half vw style variation, the last one I had being a CB-40. I like this pancake twin category of engines and so apparently do others as half vw styles are getting harder and harder to find in the ever changing general aviation categories of EAB, U/L, LSA which is part of the reason for the growing interest in V-twin engines. So what I am trying to determine is the value of this barn find in today’s world. I am on the net all the time looking at this stuff but that only establishes my opinion of value. If possible, I would like to hear others’ opinions of value for these two engine kits, both as is, and also once built.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to give me your thoughts

Kim Brown

Back