• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mini/ultralight instruments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micus

Good day friends.

I am in the midst of building my Ch701 kit and am pondering avionics.

My mission for the aircraft is very simple. Keep everything as spartan as possible (KISS strategy). I am being relatively frugal with weight and prefer a very minimalist cockpit. All flying is going to be VFR low level/slow. Think fair weather back country strips, gravel bars, puttering around exploring etc.

I do plan on running adsb/Ipad flush mounted ( adsb is not a requirement currently in Canada for ultralight Category aircraft- But nice).

However, as far a traditional avionics are concerned, I really do not want much more than one would find in a trike. I would prefer if possible to have mini gauges. I am relatively un-familiar with what is available.

Is there a manufacturer who offers a very basic "kit" of matching basic flight instruments tailored to this type of flying? Nothing needs to be certified etc.

Back