Quantcast

Micronautics New Design

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Apollo

This is a very pretty airplane, though its configuration looks like a solution in search of a problem. But if Charlee is looking to tool up a prototype, I've got the technology to do it cost-effectively.
Bob, can you tell us more about the technology you use, or is it somewhat proprietary? Always interested in hearing about cost effective methods for building a prototype. Thanks.

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
Bob, can you tell us more about the technology you use, or is it somewhat proprietary?
The latter, I'm afraid.

Always interested in hearing about cost effective methods for building a prototype. Thanks.
My general rule is that I'll show what we do and how we do it to just about anybody who takes the trouble to come to our shop for a visit.

Thanks, Bob K.

Charlee

This is a very pretty airplane, though its configuration looks like a solution in search of a problem. But if Charlee is looking to tool up a prototype, I've got the technology to do it cost-effectively
Bob, you are the 4th company to offer their services. General aviation is having a difficult time inspiring the average person to fly in our smaller aircraft. That is a problem. I feel that the air tour/sightseeing industry is currently limited by the fact that it does not have an aircraft that, in addition to spectacular view, lets passengers experience the magic of flight at the same time. I've never had a ride in a helicopter (or a Cessna four-seater) that left me saying to myself "Boy, I want to do that again".
I've been told many times that the most enjoyable experience people have had in an aircraft is flying in a sailplane, but the percentage of people who are wiling to take that ride is very small. The Triton, especially in its hybrid version, strives to provide that sailplane feeling, but with more comfort and more perceived safety.
I'm curious what aircraft that are currently in the pipeline get forum members excited. The Cirrus SF50 is the only one that immediately comes to my mind, but the number of pilots that can afford it is very limited. The same thing can be said about the Triton, but it is currently targeting companies, not individual pilots.