• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mark E Stull Tribute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottperk

I recently ran across something that indicated Popular Mechanics mag had done an article on him in Oct 2011(I think). I meant for a long time to call Mark but put it off until too late as one day he
had a fatal crash in his final prototype.

He was super prolific in his designs several decades after most folks had forgotten about ultralights...
sort of like a modern Herb Beaujon etc. and right behind Jack Harper Jr.

In any case I had collected a bunch of photos of Marks designs and details and thought I would try out Googles new photo service. Try the link below. FYI, Marks last design and fatal mistake was to put landing gear and a tail on a North Wing Trike wing. I could be wrong but I seem to recall that he went inverted at a very low
altitude and I cannot remember the generally agreed upon reason why. Suffice to say he likely became a bit complacent/reckless with new designs possibly based upon his previous successes.
There is a lot about trike wings I do not understand.... especially the part they refer to as "Flexwings"

Kudos to him having been featured on the cover of Popular Mechanics !

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=LWloYWRsZGZac3owYjJrLW5qalNpRTA3cnJJSFFR

Attachments

• $$ Stull Northwing Hybred.jpg
    $$ Stull Northwing Hybred.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Back