• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Initial design - Microlight amphib - open to suggestions and critique

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floydr92

Hi,

i've been playing around with plane maker for last few days (x-plane) and managed to more or less get the concept that was in my head into a model :)

It flies! To be expected, but I'd like it flying much better before I even think seriously about attempting to build it. But that is the overall plan!

the idea is it's a side by side 2 place amphibious microlight (ultralight in USA I think), so I think I'm going to have to make the wings bigger and do some more tinkering to get the stall speed down...that's one of the many tweaks, at the moment according to x-plane it stalls at about 55mph.

The whole thing was modelled with absolutely no calculations, and standard airfoil so requires a lot of modification.

Open to to any suggestions and critique regarding the design.

here are some pics (screen grab wasn't working for some reason, so these are pics of the physical screen, sorry for bad quality)

image.jpeg
image (4).jpeg
image (3).jpeg
image (2).jpeg
image (1).jpeg

Back