IFR

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Always a good one...

A co-worker posted that very very cartoon in my office more than 15 years ago. We had just returned from a trip together where I had a half hour of cloud time over the Appalachians. He did not like the feeling of being inside a milk jug.

Being an engineering office, folks came by and could not help but to point out that the artist greatly overdid the number of instruments AND has the thermos pointed the wrong way to have coffee going to the ceiling.

Billski

Pops

Log Member

I have had this one hanging on the wall of my office in the hanger for many years. Also my favorite. When scud running this picture could be in the windshield at any time where I live.

Mad MAC

I recall a story about about an accident where someone would scud run a regular route until the day he got a horse strike in flight!!

Jerry Lytle

I read a biography by an Alaskan bush pilot about getting caught in whiteout condidtions. His life was saved when he saw a herd of elk a little higher and to the side of his flight path. Sharp bank away and full throttle...he lived to see another day.

Hephaestus

Not technically scud running but... Fairly common here. Following the TCH through the Rogers pass at relatively low level (AGL) is still the most common way to cross the Rockies around here.

Mountains beside you often clouds above, not much space between...