Ice Pilots

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

PTAirco

Saw this advertised a few times, but I don't think it's on US TV yet. Since I don't own a TV, I was lucky enough to come across a website where they have all the episodes available:

Will Fly For Free, The Unprofessional Pilot Wall Of Shame!! » Ice Pilot’s All Episodes..

I watched the first three episodes in a row; it's really quite excellent. Most of these kind of programs have to be "dumbed down" for general consumption, but this strikes a pretty good balance. It's nice to know there are still frontiers left, even if they are bloody freezing, usually.

BTW I found this via a mention on the "Uncontrolled Airspace" podcast; for those unfamiliar with it, it is an entertaining series of podcasts about general aviation, just hangar flying but it keeps me entertained at the gym.

Uncontrolled Airspace: The General Aviation Podcast or you can find it on i-tunes.

Flying Monkey

I watched all of the first season.

The last episode was this week ( on the History Channel ) -I like the way they depict the pilots, rampies-wanting-to-get in the right seat, the mechanics, etc-keeping old piston pounders going .

My favorite episode is the one where they take the two summer operation designed, medium range , waterbombers ( the 215's ) over the Atlantic -to deliver to Turkey , the trouble they ran into over the azores, the DOH! turkish pilot trainee that lands it gear up after delivery.....

They just finished filming season two, so it should be on next year, I'd guess.

I'd think Buffalo might be the only outfit in North America still providing a scheduled passenger service with DC-3's ( their daily from Hay River to Yellowknife ) .

I swung by their south hanger last time I landed there-but I didn't go in to say hello-didn't want to pester them....:)

skeeter_ca

Cool show!

I watched the first episode. Wish i had seen this on satelite. Would have recorded. Don't really like watching TV shows on my computer, perfer my 42"er, but this was worth it. What channel do they come on?

How can i download to watch it later without having to wait for it to download?

skeeter

vortilon

My first aviation job was with Zoom Zoom later called TransWest Air Express as a mechanic on DC-3 at Oakland. Lived in the loft of hanger 5 while going to A&P school during the day and Gooney birding at night. Even got some right seat time. We had it easy compared to those guys.

Attachments

autoreply

What? Forbidden in the "Land of the Free"??? ;)
Well, morally it's of course just stealing and legally as well.

I shouldn't surprise you that the country that became famous for it's word "apartheid" is also well known for "gedogen", or forbidding something, but then explicitly stating that it's not "punishable" to any extent. Same for downloading copyrighted material... :gig:

Flying Monkey

Cool show!

I watched the first episode. Wish i had seen this on satelite. Would have recorded. Don't really like watching TV shows on my computer, perfer my 42"er, but this was worth it. What channel do they come on?

How can i download to watch it later without having to wait for it to download?

skeeter
It's repeating the series on the History Channel, Wednesdays ,0100Z. Second episode next week.

K-Rigg

i just finished the 13 episodes of the first season. Is the second season out yet? I don't get this channel on cable so i have no idea.

skeeter_ca

Gosh Darn-it. I watched up to the 8th episode and now i can't get in. It keeps saying the selected item is not currently available. What gives. Any ideas?

skeeter

Rom

Gosh Darn-it. I watched up to the 8th episode and now i can't get in. It keeps saying the selected item is not currently available. What gives. Any ideas?

skeeter
I would imagine that the CBC finally had their lawyers shut them down.
Good show while it lasted outside of Canada.

PTAirco

Yes, I re-watching an episode one morning - by lunchtime they had taken all the episodes off. It was bound to happen. You can find the show on some of those "file-sharing" (boot-legging....) sites, but the only one I looked at was pretty bad quality and took a long time to download.

autoreply

If people really want to download them, but can't obtain them otherwise, simply send me a pm. I can create a new torrent and share it (full speed) for those who want it.

Quality is halfway between good tv and dvd quality.

Latest posts