• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Upgrade Now

How many of you know someone who has had an engine out or engine problem landing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ekimneirbo

While reading another thread about the discussion of reliability of certified engines vs conversions, I decided to start this thread. My question is a simple one. How many of you know/know of a pilot who was forced to land or even crash because of an engine out or an engine problem in a certified airplane? I would venture to say that anyone who has been around flying for at least ten years is either aware of or knows someone who had an engine problem that forced them to land. If you don't know or never met anyone that was forced to land due to a certified engines problems, then say so. I'd just like to see what the ratio is. Personally I know several pilots who have had forced landings or crashes........one guy had two. So just how reliable are certifieds...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Back