• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdcoleman73

Hello everyone,

I am Jack living in Foley, AL. I am orginally from Michigan stationed in Pensacola, Fl as an Air Traffic Control Instructor. Everything seams to be going High-Tech these days. I decided to attempt to complete a dream of constructing a good old fashioned slow flying wind in your hair, (hopefully no oil on the goggles) wood biplane.

I had purchased some plans from Aircraft Spruce for the biplane Daise Mae. I had done some research on it and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience or knowledge of this airframe. The designer was the only one to complete and fly one which he did for several years. His plans are very through and from what I researched it didn't appear that he reinvented the wheel. It looks to me he stayed with proven construction and aerodynamics from my limited knowledge of designing and flying r/c airplanes. Unfortunaltly the designer passed away a few years back and the airplane was damaged beyond repair in a shipping accident.

I do have one question about the spar which I will save until I can get the page into PDF format. Thanks for having me aboard and look forward to sharing my experience and knowledge in the cockpit and in the ATC environment. I look forward to learning from all of you and sharing your dreams as they get completed. Thats the way I see it, it's not the construction of an aircraft it's us fullfilling a dream with some assembly required.

Respectfully,

Jack D. Coleman

Back