• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from MA, USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionraice

Hey everybody,
I'm based in MA and I am interested in building my own aircraft. For now I want to build an Ultralight. As some of you may have seen, I am interested in and saving up for a sub-kit of a Fisher Avenger. I did recently download bunches of free plans from Team MiniMax though. On the other hand I prefer the ability to have a closed cockpit for cold weather flying. My work space is a small workshop in my basement by the bulkhead (16'-20' x 10'); I am hoping that for now I can work on the wings and fusalage and fit them through the bulk head for final assembly but I'll have to check before I spend any money. I do not have any experience flying a plane except for the one time I got to "fly" one as a kid. I do plan on taking some lessons at my local sport pilot club but most likely not my sport pilot cert just yet. I like the idea of having an inspection party where I invite my freinds over to see what they can find wrong with what I did. Ultimately I would like to fly my ultralight from a field near my house here in MA to a field near the family cabin in ME for the weekend or vacation, a 110 mile jorney point to point one way. Most likely I would need to plan a pit stop or 2 and bunches of emergancy places to land.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and I do work with wood in my free time. When I am an older man I might like to get my sport pilot cert, build a Kitfox on floats (ELSA) and cruise around with the wife and dog. If I win the lottery I think I would build a Murphy Moose on floats.

Back