• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Guess I should stop lurking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetboy mike

Hi All,

Been lurking for a while now and decided I should put my toys in the front yard and play nice.

I have been working in experimental aviation now for about 18 years and am having a real blast doing the things we get to do when working with old and unique hardware. In the small company I work in we have built 3 jet airplanes, restored an original jet and rocket plane from WWII and fabricated 2 "replicas". We almost got to put 2 F-104 Fighters together but that fell through. Currently rebuilding a Mitsubishi Zero for a customer

Personally I started out in Army aviation as a helicopter mechanic before A&P school and worked repairing heavy iron for 5 years, 727 737 and built 777 and recently a foray into 787.
I am hopelessly drawn to things a little different as I am currently building a Flying Flea HM380 with Subaru power and trying to find someone who wants a BV141 built to be our sugar daddy.

I took up the name jetboy mike in the online gaming world and it hasn't let me down so far so I'll have to see how that holds up.

Hope we get ideas to share and opinions to spare.

mike

Back